Calendar : Game of Goals: Case Championship 2020 "External Transport", 14-26 October 2020
On October 14 and 26, St. Petersburg State Institution “External Transport Agency”, National Research University Higher School of Economics, ICSER Leontief Centre and Green Mobility International Partnership Initiative will be holding the Case Championship 2020 “External Transport” in the #GameofGoals format to achieve the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The Case Championship will be held as part of the Youth Platform of the XIX Annual Strategic Planning Leaders Forum of the Regions and Cities of Russia.
Participants will have to present their vision and development prospects for St. Petersburg air hub by 2035/2050, as well as develop innovative solutions considering the 17 SDGs implementation.
Possible topics to be discussed:
- Airport’s impacts on people’s lives in 2035 (2050);
- Airport architecture, design, and roles 2035 (2050);
- Airport and air transportation availability for people in 2035 (2050), connections between airport and a large city, urban planning and other areas of life;
- The aviation industry: unmanned aircraft systems and its role in 2035 (2050);
- Future transportation technologies.
During the meeting, three teams have been established, composed of students from six universities of St. Petersburg:
• National Research University Higher School of Economics
• Saint Petersburg State University of Aerospace Instrumentation
• Saint Petersburg State University of Civil Aviation
• Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University
• Saint Petersburg State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering
• North-West Institute of Management at Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration
Alexandra Bakhmutskaya, Director, St. Petersburg State Institution “External Transport Agency”, jointly with Evgeny Batrakov, First Deputy Director,
St. Petersburg State Institution “External Transport Agency”, presented the Pulkovo Airport’s key development trends and announced the project requirements. Alexander Baranov, Executive Director, The M.L. Petrovich Laboratory of Urban Planning, showcased updated case data for the championship participants. Olga Iakimenko, ICSER Leontief Centre, Green Mobility Partnership Initiative Coordinator, moderated the kick-off meeting and spoke about the concept of sustainable development, which is defined as development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
The projects will be presented on 26 October 2020 as part of the Strategic Planning Leaders Forum Youth Platform. The jury of the Case
Championship 2020 final stage will be chaired by the Vice-Governor of St. Petersburg Maxim Sokolov.
The 17 SDGs business game GAME OF GOALS is looking for bold new projects and solutions to achieve sustainable economic growth that will not lead to depletion of natural resources, but will both benefit humanity and preserve and multiply our natural wealth. GAME OF GOALS is a platform that brings together governments, businesses, NGOs, universities and research institutions, voluntary and youth associations to study and discuss sustainable development challenges in a fun mode and expand best practices and solutions, developed to achieving the SDGs, worldwide.
Адрес: 25, 7th Krasnoarmeyskaya Street, St. Petersburg, ICSER Leontief Centre,