Calendar : Game of Goals: Online Transport Summer School, 17-25 August 2020
Leading experts and mentors in sustainable development and transportation planning brought together to hold the Online Transport Summer School “The New Silk Road: Trends and Opportunities in Urban Mobility and Green Logistics”. For about a week, through playing the Game of Goals business game, the had been studying the prospects for the Central Asia region in transportation and logistics and how the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) implementation are changing urban mobility. The school participants put the knowledge gained into practice through developing project ideas, led by the mentors from around the world (Almaty, St. Petersburg, Skolkovo, Moscow, Dresden, Tallinn), who gladly shared their invaluable experiences with future decision makers.
The main topics of the Summer School:
- Key challenges facing transport infrastructure on the New Silk Road in the context of climate change and the threat of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Routes to lower transportation greenhouse gas emissions in cities.
- Green jobs in transportation sector.
- Is it possible to make the New Silk Road climate neutral?
- New urban passenger and freight transportation modes.
- Small order logistics. The principles of cycle network planning in cities.
Futuristic transportation was also discussed that is no longer a fantasy, but a promising business. The school participants learned about e-commerce platforms, what would happen if MaaS was a rock band, electric vehicles as the future of transportation, and much more.
At the final school day, learners presented three projects to a wide range of experts:
1. Team A. Green University Concept (GUC). Greening the Kazakh-German University and creating a coworking laboratory to develop sustainable development projects and startups
2. Team B. Green City - Clean Transportation. Transition to electric vehicles
3. Team C. Express Drones express delivery service for parcels
Organizers: Kazakh-German University, #Green Mobility International Partnership Initiative. The school was held in the #Game of Goals business game format.